Advanced Functional Stretch 5 Day Workshop
If you are a massage therapist, personal trainer, yoga instructor, Pilates instructor, physical therapist, chiropractor, or someone who wants to take their stretch practice to another level, this advanced workshop is for you. This workshop has been designed to help you create opportunities for group stretch classes or individual sessions with clients/patients. This workshop explores variations of stretches and an integrated approach to the sequencing and process in different environments. The Functional Stretch System Advanced workshop will enable you to effectively help anyone who walks in your door, to leave feeling better than they imagined was possible. The systems you learn in this workshop will give your clients, and yourself, the hope that feeling better every day is not only possible, but a reality.
This is a 5 day workshop. The Fundamental and Intermediate Functional Stretch Workshops are required prior to taking the advanced workshop.
The Advanced Functional Stretch Workshop is designed to teach students how to integrate stretching with their clients. Learning how each stretch feels in their bodies, and how modifications can be made for various client needs becomes a strong learning experience. Students will learn how to:
- Teach individual clients how to stretch effectively and efficiently
- Teach a group stretch class
- Make modifications for all stretches
- Understand cueing and modifications
- Perform each of the stretches taught in a safe and effective manner
- Be the partner with assisting clients in and out of stretches
- Teach a stretch class immediately upon completion of the course
Using an integrated approach will allow the student to experience elimination of pain and injury in their body so that they better understand how to best help their clients.