Welcome to Apex Bodyworx and Apex Stretch
Licensed Massage Therapist
Certified Stretch TherapistTM
Stretch TherapyTM Instructor
Certified Physio/Kinesiologist Expert Level – Ultimate Human Performance
Judy has an extensive background in exercise and massage. She graduated from Arizona State University with a B.S. in Exercise and Wellness. She is also a graduate of the Utah College of Massage Therapy. She utilizes her knowledge from both of these programs to deliver a unique and individualized approach to bodywork.
In addition to her private practice, which she began in 2000, Judy taught for 4 years at the Arizona School of Massage Therapy. Courses taught included massage basics and advanced massage, injury massage, movement, and reflexology. After only two years in the field of massage, Judy was invited to be on the Sports Massage Team at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah. She worked on international athletes from a number of disciplines. This honor was again extended in 2004 at the Summer Olympic Games in Athens, Greece where she worked specifically with the track and field athletes. She continues today to work with athletes in various disciplines.
In 2003, Judy was trained in Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy, a specialized massage modality that uses foot pressure to induce deep relaxation and relieve tight muscles. In 2004, she was introduced to flexibility training and took courses to become certified as a flexibility specialist. She then trained with Stretch Therapy expert, Kit Laughlin, in order to continue to increase her knowledge of how flexibility can assist the body in both performance and in daily living.
Being active is an integral part of life for Judy. Whether cycling, running, hiking, camping, backpacking, or playing on the lake, she finds that through exercise, she is able to better understand the human body and its ability to move. This understanding is carried over to her bodywork sessions, thus enabling her clients to receive a quality service.
- 2000 – Graduated from the Utah College of Massage Therapy
- 2000 – Opened Private Massage Practice
- 2001 – 2005 – Instructor at the Utah College of Massage Therapy
- 2002 – Olympic Winter Games Sports massage team – Salt Lake City, UT
- 2003 – Ashiatsu Massage Training
- 2004 – Olympic Summer Games Sports Massage Team – Athens, Greece
- 2004 – current – Stretch Therapy training began and continues
- 2005 – Graduated from Arizona State University with a B.S. in Exercise and Wellness
- Massage Therapist for 5 years for ASU Swimming
- Current – Operating 2 offices – Tempe and Scottsdale
- Massage Therapist for Summer cycling camp in France – 2015 – Current
- Ironman Race Director – Arizona
- 2019 – Certified in Ultimate Human Performance Method of pain and injury elimination
- Collegiate Cross Country Team at Pacific University – Forest Grove, OR
- Up With People Cast Member
- Travel to over 20 countries
- Ironman Finisher – 2009/2012
- Multiple 70.3 Ironman Finisher