Functional Stretch Fundamentals 2 Day Workshop
Learn to become pain free through purposeful, effective, and safe stretching techniques. Restore function and mobility into the body while stretching. This method is about creating awareness, and THEN flexibility!
This course has been approved for 12 CEUs through NCBTMB and the PMA.
This course has been approved for 11 CEUs through AFFA and 1.1 CEUs through NASM.
In this workshop, we aim to teach you the foundational elements of stretching and how proper technique can help you feel better in your body. Before you can be effective at helping others (if that is your goal), you must first understand how a stretch feels in your own body. Stretches for the entire body will be explored and experienced from an integrative approach. The outcome of this experience will be a better understanding of anatomy, fascia, and overall human function as it pertains to stretching and what it FEELS like to move freely in your every day life. No previous experience is required to attend this workshop.
In this workshop, students will learn how to:
- Free up tight joints and move fluidly again
- Reduce pain in the body
- Let tension go completely from your body
- Learn to relax into deep stretches
- Address a variety of common constraints on the body
- Low back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Hip pain or discomfort
- Knee pain
The Benefits of these stretches include and are not limited to:
- Feeling better in the body with less aches and pains
- Reduce/Eliminate tight muscles and joints
- Reduce inflammation in the body
- Improve freedom of movement – flexibility
- Increase circulation
- Improve and restore healthy postural alignment