The Roll Model Method
Sunday, May 23, 2021 – 9:00am to 5:00pm
This training will empower you to personally adopt and teach simple yet highly effective self-care regimens for pain-relief and improved performance.
Day One: The Science of Rolling
Amplify your personal embodiment and learn applicable fascia science, bony landmarks, myofascial junctions, and pain physiology. Master specialized ball rolling techniques that penetrate into common high-tension areas. You will learn 6 head-to-toe series proven to affect profound change in the rotator cuff, upper back, neck, jaw, hips, lower back, IT Band, calves, and feet.
Day Two: Ball Sequencing & Innovation
Provide a wide variety of soft-tissue self-care solutions for every client and condition while utilizing the four different sized Roll Model® Therapy Balls. Learn to effortlessly craft innovative moves and sequences to differentiate your teaching for any individual or community.
Highlights of this training include:
• Deepen your understanding of pain physiology and learn the optimal use of 4 different sized Roll Model® Balls (included with the training) to unravel patterns of pain and dysfunction.
• Refine your anatomical fluency of bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and the fascial seam-system through experiential mapping strategies to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
• Explore pain-erasing self-myofascial release in over-used areas of your body like your hands and knees, or completely ignored areas like the diaphragm and pelvic floor.
• Learn the art of crafting test/retest scenarios to provide instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain
• Learn tools for consistently creating innovative Therapy Ball sequences for yourself and your clients
• Improve classroom demonstration of Therapy Ball techniques and trouble-shoot classroom pitfalls and challenges when presenting to beginners or more experienced students.
CEC credits are available with the following professional organizations: AFAA, NASM and Yoga Alliance